Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

From the kitchen of Kendra
1 large can pumpkin (3 1/2 cups)
4 cans chicken broth
4 green onions
1 small white onion
4 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 tsp mace
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cup half and half
5-6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp brown sugar


Cut up green and white onions and saute in butter in a large, heavy pan.  Add flour and cook for about 2 minutes, then add chicken broth.  Mix well and cook for 4 minutes on low heat.  Simmer; add pumpkin, spices, bacon, and half and half.  Add brown sugar.  Serve warm garnished with sour cream adn chives, if desired.


Normally, I leave the mace out and increase the bacon.

3 comments:

  1. How long have you had this little gem up and running? This is fun!

    PS what is mace? I've never even heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try this with the pumpkin I canned last year, it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used mace for the first time yesterday. Hated it and I wish that I never bought it. Normally, I leave the mace and sugar out and increase the bacon because I love it.

    I have had this blog since my first post on it. ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...