Saturday, January 8, 2011

Red Rooster

This recipe, is a once a year treat that I like to fix to go with our Christmas Eve dinner.  Normally, this tasty beverage takes a bit of vodka to "warm things up," so to speak, but since I don't drink alcohol I decided to adapt this recipe to go without the liquor.  I use Sprite, or something similar, and I think it is delicious!  You will not be disappointed!

Emeril Lagasse, Food Network

1 1/2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate, defrosted
2 cups Vodka or if you want a non-alcoholic drink, Sprite

Combine all of the ingredients in a large plastic container.  Freeze for several hours.  It will not freeze solid, but rather achieve the consistency of a slushy.  Scoop into punch cups or wine glasses and serve.

Yield:  2 Quarts

Source: foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...